STATEWIDE Health & PE Conference October 17-18, 2019
Special Olympics Alaska Jim Balducci Training Center, 3200 Mt. View Drive, Anchorage
Join us for two full days of professional development specifically geared toward health and physical educators.
conference registration & information
Final Schedule, Registration, Educational Credit, and more will be posted here in a few short weeks!!
Click here for the updated draft schedule. We still have a few tweaks to make, and will get the final schedule posted as soon as possible.
University of Alaska credit for conference
A one credit option is available through UAA. For more info, click here.
Signing up for this one-credit course is separate from registering for the SHAPE Alaska conference.
1. Don't forget to register & pay for the SHAPE Alaska conference first! (See above for the link.)
2. Registration for the UAA course Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE Alaska) will be done online through UAA and is independent of SHAPE Alaska. The instructor on record is Melanie Sutton.
HOW DO I REGISTER ONLINE?
Login to UA Online: https://uaonline.alaska.edu
* Click “LOG IN” and enter your UA Username and Password
* Click on “Student Services & Account Information” tab
* Click on “Registration”
* Click on “Register / Add/Drop Classes”
* Choose the Fall 2019 Semester from the drop down menu & click “Submit”
* Scroll to the bottom of the page & locate the "Add Classes" Worksheet
* Enter the CRN for your course (78638) & click “Complete Registration Changes”
* At the bottom of the page, below the horizontal line, click on “Pay Now” link
3. Complete any forms required by your district, such as MLP, to make sure the credit will be accepted by your district.
NOTE: ASD employees, there will be an MLP link for you:
SUMMER training was a great success!
For the first time ever, SHAPE Alaska hosted a summer professional development opportunity. On August 8th, there were two half-day trainings held in Anchorage, at the Special Olympics Athlete Training Center:
PAL Training (Physical Activity Leader). This half-day training gave participants the skills to help students and staff create a dynamic environment, with a ton of movement opportunities throughout the day.
Active Schools website from PAL: https://www.activeschoolsus.org/
Jessica Shawley, Middle School PE Teacher of the Year: This session was designed to kick-off the start of the school year with a treasure-trove of new ideas, a new & improved collection of best practices for your classroom, and and energy-boost of inspiration that will last through Christmas break!
Here is Jessica Shawley's website of resources for Middle and High School: https://www.pechamps.com/