October 18 & 19
Special Olympics Alaska Sports Complex, Mt. View, Anchorage
Join us for two full days of professional development specifically geared toward health and physical educators. Pete Charrette, better known as Cap'n Pete, will be our keynote speaker. He is a former Teacher of the Year, and a National Board Certified Physical Educator. In addition, he is the education resource developer of "Cap'n Pete's Power PE."
Are you a PE PIRATE?
You can check him out in a variety of ways:
conference registration & information
Registration is now open:
Click this link: https://goo.gl/forms/zXONU4kFNgOR7MBh2
STAYING IN TOWN? The Westmark Anchorage Hotel welcomes SHAPE Alaska attendees with a reduced $85 rate.
Call Central Reservations at 800-544-0970 or locally at 907-276-7676
Ask for the Teacher’s Physical Education Conference Room Rate
Or Book on-line at www.westmarkhotels.com
Using Group Code: PHED2018
check out the schedule quick-peek! (MOre sessions are still being finalized, so stay tuned!)
When finalized, you will be able to Download the 2018 SHAPE Alaska Conference Program here.
University of Alaska credit for conference
A credit option is available through UAA.
Signing up for this one-credit course is separate from registering for the SHAPE Alaska conference.
1. Don't forget to register & pay for the SHAPE Alaska conference first! (See above for the link.)
2. Registration for the UAA course UAA EDPE 590.706 [CRN 78377] Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE Alaska) is done online through UAA and is independent of SHAPE Alaska. The instructor on record is Melanie Sutton.
HOW DO I REGISTER ONLINE?
Login to UA Online: https://uaonline.alaska.edu
* Click “LOG IN” and enter your UA Username and Password
* Click on “Student Services & Account Information” tab
* Click on “Registration”
* Click on “Register / Add/Drop Classes”
* Choose the Fall 2018 Semester from the drop down menu & click “Submit”
* Scroll to the bottom of the page & locate the "Add Classes" Worksheet
* Enter the CRN 78377 for your course & click “Complete Registration Changes”
* At the bottom of the page, below the horizontal line, click on “Pay Now” link
3. Complete any forms required by your district, such as MLP, to make sure the credit will be accepted by your district.
NOTE: ASD employees, here is the MLP link for you: https://www.mylearningplan.com/LearningPlan/ActivityProfile.asp?I=2886183