When: February 23, 12pm-5pm (late registration 11am-noon)
February 24, 8am-5pm Lunch and snacks provided
Where: Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (Anchorage, AK)
Information & Registration: http://plaay.org/plaay-summit/
Cost: $150 ($50 for UAA Students & $100 Credit seeking ASD Employees)*. Remote Participation Available.
*Early Bird Registration before December 15th, $20 discount.
Professional Development and Nursing Contact Hours tbd.*
Email email@example.com for questions.
Education is Everything. Learn to Make a Difference.
The PLAAY Summit provides teachers, parents, nurses, coaches, administrators and other leaders of youth with a conference to address the multi-factorial areas of adolescent health with emphasis on the importance of physical activity.
Keynote Address by David Marsh:
We are excited to announce that legendary U.S. Olympic swim coach David Marsh will be our Keynote speaker! David has coached 49 Olympians from 19 different countries over the past two decades and speaks frequently on effective leadership.
Topics & Speakers from 2016 & 2017*:
• Challenges of Physical Activity Programs in Rural Alaska Dr. Robert “Trey” Coker, PhD
• Sports & Athletics as Life Lessons
Dr. Gary Ferguson, ND
• Teen Opioid Addiction and the Role of Sports
Dr. Jay Butler, MD, State of Alaska Chief Medical Officer
• Cultural Influence on Physical Activity and Adolescent Health Dr. Tina Woods
• Coaching and Gender Issues
Holly Brooks, LLC
• Upper Extremity Overuse Injuries in Young Athletes
Jason Capo, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon – Alaska Native Medical Center • Eating and Hydration Strategies for Optimal Metabolism Rikki Keen, MS, RD, Sports Dietician
* 2018 Official Line-up to be announced soon